In this week's episode, it's time to wrap up 2023 with another look at Privacy.com, and my strategies for avoiding bank account lockout. I delve into the CIA Triad, breaking down its relevance to everyday privacy concerns. The episode also takes a practical turn with a guide on using FindMyDevice on GrapheneOS, and the FindMyDevice feature on the Garmin Instinct 2 watch for tracking lost phones.
I also tackle the debate between biometric authentication and passcodes, taking our threat model into consideration. For those interested in storage synchronization solutions, I discuss using Nextcloud for a variety of purposes, including photo backups, syncing Keepass, and markdown notes, highlighting its versatility for privacy.
Join me for an episode packed with valuable insights and tips for enhancing your digital privacy and security as we welcome in 2024!
This episode was recorded on January 3, 2024
Follow Ray on Twitter @privacypod
In this week's episode:
1. Closing 2023 with Privacy.com
2. How the CIA Triad Relates to privacy
3. Tracking Lost Phones with FindMyDevice on GrapheneOS and a Garmin watch
4. Biometric authentication vs Passcodes
5. Using Nextcloud for photo backups, Keepass Sync, and taking notes in Markdown
6. Backups with Backblaze B2 and Restic
Ray Ban Meta News: https://san.com/cc/investigation-into-new-meta-smart-glasses-brings-privacy-concerns
Music: The Lockdown
"We suffer more often in imagination than in reality." - Seneca